What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Natoora collects and processes your personal data through your use of our app.
What data is being collected?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have ordered from us.
- Technical Data includes your login data, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your preferences and orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our app, products and services.
How is your personal data collected?
We use direct interactions to collect data from and about you. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in the New Customer Application Form or when we set you up for an App account.
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
We do not sell or share your personal information with any third parties.
How will the information be used?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we have your consent.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How long will the data be stored for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or would like to review or update your Personal Information, you may email us at email@example.com or contact us at the following addresses:
Natoora Ltd, Discovery Business Park, Unit 6, St James's Rd, London SE16 4RA